Who wants peanut butter cookies with ganache centers? Best peanut butter cookies ever!
FOR THE COOKIE
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 cup molasses
11/2 cups all purpose flour
FOR THE GANACHE
1 cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350℉ and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
2. Cream peanut butter, butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, eggs, salt and molasses in a large bowl. Add flour and mix until a dough forms.
3. Scoop teaspoonfuls of the dough and roll into balls. Place each cookie dough ball an inch apart of the cookie sheet. Using a fork, make cross indents over each cookie. Bake for 12 minutes. Cool the cookies on a wire baking rack when ready.
4. Meanwhile, make the ganache. Combine all ganache ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 15-second intervals, stirring in between until the mixture is thick and melted. Cool the ganache filling for 2 hours at room temperature.
5. Spread 1-2 tsp ganache filling onto half of the cookies. Top with the remaining cookies to create cookie sandwiches.