- Other Apps
- 8 oz dark chocolate chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar lightly packed
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the butter and chocolate and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir and microwave a second time until completely melted.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes.
- In a small bowl mix the eggs and sugar.
- Add them to the chocolate mixture and stir to combine.
- Add in flour and baking powder, stir until just combined.
- Refrigerate batter for at least 30 minutes, preferably 45-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop out cookie dough in 2 tablespoon sized balls.
- To measure accurately I used a coffee spoon.
- On a silpat put 6 cookies to a full cookie sheet.
- Mix the peanut butter and powdered sugar.
- In a small microwaveable bowl melt the semisweet chocolate in 30 second increments until fully melted.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the peanut butter mixture to the top of the warmed cookies and flatten slightly.
- Spoon over the melted chocolate and let cool. (I usually refrigerate them for 15 minutes)
- When they come out of the oven they will look like little mountains, but when they cool they will deflate.
Recipe source: dinnerthendessert