- Other Apps
- 1/2 pound penne pasta (cooked one minute shy of instructions)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 6 ounces Swiss cheese chopped
- Heat canola oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the turkey, salt, pepper, onion and green bell pepper and cook for 6-8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add the thyme and garlic and stir.
- Whisk the milk and flour together in a large measuring cup then add to the turkey slowly while whisking.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Add in the swiss cheese and pasta and toss to combine.
Recipe source: dinnerthendessert