- 1 1/4 cups (150 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (80 g) old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (115 g) plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (50 g) coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (110 g) grated carrot
- 1/2 cup (80 g) raisins (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350F (176C) and prepare a muffin pan by lining the cavities with paper liners or greasing them with cooking spray or oil. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until they become slightly frothy before whisking in the yogurt, maple syrup, sugar, almond milk, and vanilla. Mix until well combined before folding in the grated carrots.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing gently until just combined. Add raisins, if desired.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups, filling almost to the top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until the tops of the muffins are firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for ~5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Recipe source: runningwithspoons