- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin purée
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir together.
- Add in the wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Use a 1.5 tablespoon size cookie scoop or a heaping tablespoon to scoop the dough out onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the macaroons for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom and around the edges. Cool on the baking sheet for 10-15 minutes before removing them onto a wire rack to cool completely. Reserve the parchment paper.
- Place the chopped dark chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave for 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each interval. Heat just until nearly melted to avoid burning the chocolate.
- Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, dip the bottoms of the cooled macaroons in it, then place them back onto the parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle with extra chocolate if desired. Set aside until the chocolate hardens or place them in the refrigerator for a few minutes.
- Store in a single layer in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
Recipe source: reciperunner