- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced apple, your favorite kind (about 1 small apple)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo or regular mayo (or more or less depending on how much mayo you like)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Sandwich bread
- Spinach or lettuce if desired
- Add the chickpeas to a large bowl and mash with a potato masher. You can mash them as smooth or coarse as you desire. Add all of the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix until everything is combined.
- Place desired amount of curried chickpea salad between two pieces of bread and enjoy! Add spinach or lettuce if desired. Recipes makes enough chickpea salad for 4-6 sandwiches, depending on how big you fill them.
Recipe source: shelikesfood