- olive oil
- 1 packaged of 2 turkey thighs (about 3 pounds)
- 1 package of 3 turkey drumsticks (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- poultry seasoning
- 2 pounds baby Yukon gold potatoes, cut in half
- Preheat your oven to 350° and drizzle olive oil into the bottom of a roasting pan.
- Pat the turkey thighs and drumsticks dry with paper towel.
- Insert your finger under the neat the skin of all turkey pieces, gently separating the skin from the flesh. Rub softened butter underneath the skin and over top of each turkey piece.
- Season with salt and pepper and place into your prepared roasting pan.
- Sprinkle with poultry seasoning and cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- Roast the turkey on the middle rack of your preheated oven for 1 hour. Remove foil, and using oven mitts, tip the roasting pan and baste the turkey pieces with the pan juices.
- Add in the potato halves, baste, season with salt and pepper and continue to roast uncovered for 20 minutes. Totally 40 to 60 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the turkey is fully cooked and the skin is deliciously crisp and brown.
- Once roasted, remove the turkey thighs and drumsticks from the pan and place on a platter and scatter with potatoes. Let the turkey rest for 15 minutes or so tented under foil before serving.
Recipe source: simplyscratch