- 1 lb pork breakfast sausage I recommend using sage flavored (455g)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose (plain) flour (31g)
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk (590ml)
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Get Ingredients Powered by Chicory
- Place sausage in a skillet over medium/high heat.
- Use a spatula to break up and crumble sausage as it cooks, cooking until completely browned and no pink remains. Do not drain your skillet.
- Sprinkle flour evenly over the sausage crumbles. Stir frequently until flour is absorbed (about 1 minute).
- Slowly pour the milk into your skillet, stirring as you pour. Add crushed red pepper, if using.
- Continue to cook, stirring frequently until mixture is thickened and desired consistency is reached.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve warm over homemade biscuits!
Recipe source: sugarspunrun