IngredientsFOR THE PORK CHOPS
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless pork chops 3/4-inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
FOR THE MUSHROOM SAUCE
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms such as cremini or baby portabella
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth OR white wine
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
InstructionsFOR THE PORK CHOPS
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add pork chops and cook for about 6 to 7 minutes, turning once, or until cooked through.
- Remove to a plate and cover to keep warm.
FOR THE CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE
- Add butter to the pan and melt.
- Stir in mushrooms; cook, stirring frequently until the mushrooms are browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and continue to cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Stir in chicken broth or wine and cook for 2 minutes, or until the liquid is mostly evaporated.
- Stir in half-and-half and dried herbs; cook until simmering, about a minute.
- Place the pork chops back into the skillet and cook for 1 more minute, or until heated through.
- Plate the pork chops and top with the mushroom sauce.
Recipe source: diethood