- 1 medium spaghetti squash (2-2½ lbs.)
- 1 Tbsp. Organic Valley Ghee or Butter
- 2-3 cups chopped kale, stems removed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced (or ½ green bell pepper + ½ red bell pepper)
- ½ small onion, diced
- ¾ lb. chicken breast, cooked and shredded or cubed (~2 cups)
- ½ cup ranch dressing + additional for topping
- ¼ cup buffalo sauce + additional for topping
- 2 Organic Valley Whole Eggs
- 4-6 oz. Organic Valley mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper
For the squash (this step can be done the day before):
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Cut off ends of spaghetti squash. Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Place squash cut-side down on a baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes or until squash is soft to touch. Remove from oven, flip squash over and allow to cool. Once cooled, remove spaghetti squash strands with a fork. Place squash in a cheesecloth, nut milk bag or flour sack towel and squeeze to remove some of the excess liquid. Note: not all liquid needs to be removed.
For the Casserole:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a pan over medium heat add the ghee or butter. Once hot, add the kale, diced pepper and onion. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté until kale is cooked down and peppers and onion are tender. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the spaghetti squash, chicken, sautéed veggies, ranch, buffalo sauce, eggs, and mozzarella cheese. Stir to combine.
- Transfer to a greased 9×9 squash dish or casserole dish. Spread out. Drizzle top with a little buffalo sauce, about 1-2 Tbsp.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes uncovered. Top with additional cheese if you wish and bake for another few minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven. Let set for 5 minutes before serving.
- To serve, top with additional buffalo sauce and ranch if desired and sliced green onions or chopped cilantro.
Recipe source: therealfoodrds