- 1 pound medium wild caught shrimp (preferably peeled). See notes for no cook option
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 bunch basil leaves chopped
- 1/2 to 2/3 c Gluten free cocktail sauce
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tsp Lemon or lime juice juice
- 1 tsp of honey or agave
- 1 tbsp olive oil (optional for more creaminess)
- Pinch of black pepper and/or peppercorns for garnishing.
- Note: want is spicy? add in 1 tbsp fresh tabasco or chili sauce.
- First, boil your shrimp. Cook the shrimp, stirring occasionally, until they turn pink, about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes for medium shrimp, 3 minutes for large ones. Drain the water and then cool the shrimp to room temperature. Devien and place in ice.
- Next make your sauce. In blender, combine your, cranberries, basil, and cocktail sauce. Blend then add in 1- 2 tsp of lemon juice, sea salt, and optional honey. Blend until smooth. If it’s not creamy enough for your liking, blend on low and slow add in 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or grapeseed oil..For extra spicy, mix in 1-2 tsp tabasco sauce.
- Spoon sauce into bowl and garnish pepper, extra cranberries, and herbs.
- Place shrimp and veggies around the bowl and garnish platter with extra basil. Squeeze fresh lemon on top of shrimp before serving.
- Make sure to keep your shrimp on ice to keep cold. Shrimp are safe at room temperature for 2 hours but need ice to maintain freshness if left out longer.
- See notes for other uses of sauce!
Recipe source: cottercrunch