- 1 tablespoon butter for the skillet + more for spreading on your bread slices
- 4 slices bread, any kind (I used a multigrain bread)
- ½ cup Roth Havarti Chipotle cheese, freshly grated
- ½ cup Roth Van Gogh Vintage Gouda, freshly grated
- 8 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced and sautéed
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, chopped and sautéed
- Dijon mustard (optional)
- Butter one slice of bread on both sides and set aside. If this is too much butter for you, just butter the outside of one slice of bread.
- Using a cast iron skillet or non-stick skillet, heat one tablespoon of butter in your skillet over medium heat.
- Let the butter melt completely and then lay your slice of buttered bread (butter side down; if only buttering one side of bread) into the skillet and top with a ¼ cup of the grated Roth Havarti Chipotle and a ¼ cup of the Roth Van Gogh Vintage Gouda. Cover the skillet with a lid and let the cheese melt until it's almost entirely melted, for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Next, lift the lid and top the melted cheese with some of the sautéed mushrooms and chard and cover again with the lid again for just a minute or two.
- Butter one side of the second slice of bread and spread dijon mustard on the other side. Place the bread, dijon mustard side down onto the veggies and then flip your grilled cheese to begin toasting the other side. You do not need to cover the pan again since your cheese is already melting nicely. You can flip a couple more times if desired until you have nice, golden brown toasty bread on both sides.
- Repeat everything for your second grilled cheese sandwich. Slice, serve and enjoy!
Recipe source: hipfoodiemom