- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3-1/4 cup self rising flour
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350.0
- Grease and flour 2, 9" round cake pans and set aside. (these are the cake rounds I use )
- Add butter, sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Beat well until fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat well, one at a time.
- Add flour and milk, alternating until blended well.
- Pour into prepared baking pans and bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick in the center comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting and serving.
Recipe source: eatingonadime