- 1 Block of extra firm tofu
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut oil
- 4 Cloves of garlic,chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh ginger,grated
- 1 Shallot,chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp. Red curry paste,vegan
- 4 C. Vegetable broth
- 1 C. Water
- 1 C. Coconut cream
- 3 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Agave
- 2 Tbsp. Rice wine vinegar
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 1 pk. Rice noodles
- Cut the tofu into squares about 1/8 inch thick. Sprinkle tofu with salt and press between 2 paper towels. Let sit for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, and lay tofu in a single layer on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non stick spray. Bake tofu for 30-40 until it is brown and crispy.
- While the tofu is baking, in a large soup pot, heat coconut oil on medium heat.
- Add the garlic, ginger and shallot. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes until the shallot starts to get translucent.
- Add the curry paste and stir.
- Add the broth, water, coconut cream, soy sauce, agave, and rice wine vinegar. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Stir and cook for about 20-30 minutes to develop flavor, stirring every few minutes and tasting to adjust seasoning, you can always add more soy sauce for salt and agave for sweetness.
- Add the lime juice and noodles.
- Finish cooking for as long as the noodles need to cook according to the directions.
- Once the tofu is done, serve the soup with the tofu on top!
- Garnish with cilantro, green onions and more limes!
Recipe source: rabbitandwolves