- 1/4-1/3 cup olive oil
- 6 large cloves of garlic finely chopped or minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 3/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 pounds (1.5 kgs) red potatoes, washed and quartered
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped (for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (200°C). Grease a large baking sheet with non-stick spray or olive oil. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup of olive oil, garlic, salt, herbs, pepper and parmesan cheese together, mixing to combine. Add the remaining oil if the parmesan cheese has absorbed most of it.
- Toss potatoes through the mixture to evenly coat.
- Arrange coated potatoes in a single layer onto prepared baking sheet. Spread them out and bake for 45-50 minutes, carefully turning every 15 minutes or so with tongs or with a spatula, until potatoes are browned and edges are crisp.
- For extra crispy potatoes, broil (or grill) for 2-4 minutes, or until browned to your liking.
- While potatoes are in the oven, brown your butter:
- Melt 1/2 cup of butter in a small pot or skillet over medium heat. Stir the butter continuously and swirl the pan occasionally to allow the butter to cook evenly and prevent too much splattering.
- When it begins to foam, the colour will change from yellow to tan to a rich golden brown colour. As soon as you smell a nutty aroma, take the pan off the heat. Give it a light mix with a wooden spoon to lift up any browned bits on the base of your pan and pour over the roasted potatoes.
- Season with a little extra salt and pepper (If desired), and sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving.
Recipe source: cafedelites