- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved if large
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 ears yellow corn, kernels removed from cob
- 1/2 cup shredded havarti cheese
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons everything bagel spice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a 10-inch oven safe skillet set over medium heat, add olive oil. When the oil shimmers, add the tomatoes, shallots, thyme, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook until the tomatoes begin to pop, about 4-5 minutes. Add the balsamic vinegar and honey and continue cooking another 1-2 minutes until the sauce thickens a bit. Remove from the heat and gently push the tomatoes into an even layer, covering the surface of the skillet. Sprinkle the corn over the tomatoes and then add the cheese.
- Place the pastry over overtop everything and press down gently to secure, tucking the sides of the pastry under the tomatoes as best you can. Brush the top of the pastry lightly with water and sprinkle with everything spice. Using a sharp knife, make 3 small cuts in the center of the pastry.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to rest in the pan for 5 minutes and then place a serving plate over the skillet. Carefully invert the skillet and allow the tarte tatin to fall out onto the plate. Garnish with thyme. Slice, and serve warm. Enjoy!
Recipe source: halfbakedharvest