- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup petite diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cups beef stock
For The Potatoes: Can Be Made Ahead Of Time.
- 6 large russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 Tablespoons butter (dairy-free butter option)
- ½ cup milk (or dairy-free butter option)
- Pinch salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan, boil potatoes until they are fork tender and fall off a fork. Mash potatoes with a immersion blender and cream together butter, milk, salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a 3.5 Quart Dutch oven over medium heat, brown ground beef. Drain the beef fat out.
- Add onions, carrots. Saute veggies 3-4 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
- Stir in peas, tomatoes, basil, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, cornstarch, and beef stock.
- Spoon mashed potatoes over pie filling. Place lid onto dutch oven and into the oven 30-35 minutes.
Recipe source: veggiebalance