- 2 cups barbecue sauce, divided, plus more for serving.
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 large onion quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 sandwich rolls, toasted
- In the pressure cooker pot, stir together 1 cup BBQ sauce, the water and liquid smoke. Add the onion, garlic and chicken breasts. Lock the lid in place. Select hight pressure and cook for 6 minutes.
- When the time ends, turn off the pressure cooker. Let the pressure release naturally for 5 mins and finish with a quick release. When the valve drops, carefully remove the lid. Transfer the chicken to a plate and shred it with two forks. Strain the cooking liquid, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Return the chicken to the cooking pot and add the remaining 1 cup BBQ sauce and reserved cooking liquid. Stir to combine. Select simmer/saute and bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring frequently. Serve on toasted rolls topped with more BBQ sauce.
Recipe source: myimperfectkitchen